Fiber Strength Testing System
Using a high quality fiber strength testing system is mission critical. Fibers form the basis of an extensive range of yarns, fabrics and technical textile products. It is essential that elongation and tensile strength is monitored at all stages of production to ensure the base material is suited to the requirements of the finished product. To conduct tests on such fragile material it is necessary that a highly precise delicate fiber strength testing system is used. We offer a tester specifically designed for this purpose. It has precision force measurement with a capacity resolution of 500gf x 0.01g and smooth precise crosshead movement with up to 300mm travel x 0.001mm resolution.
Due to the delicate nature of both natural and synthetic fibers very special grips are required using a fiber strength testing system. They need to have excellent gripping characteristics and be lightweight yet strong. We have developed pneumatic grips made from special alloy that meet all these requirements in our fiber strength testing system. They have hands free operation which is essential for testing such fine materials and are provided with footswitch controls.
We provide comprehensive software in our fiber strength testing system for highly advanced fiber testing. It has pre-defined test methods to international standards that include all relevant calculations including tensile strength, elongation, and tenacity among others. Includes graphical results, reports analysis and archiving.
Our fiber strength testing system meets all international standards including:
- ASTM D 1294 Breaking tenacity of wool fiber bundles.
- ASTM D 5079 Tensile tests on spun fibers.
- ASTM D 2524 Tensile tests on wool fiber bundles/
- ASTM D 3106 Residual deformation of elastomeric fibers.
- ASTM D 3217 Loop tensile test of spun fibers.
- ASTM D 1445 Bundle strength of cotton fibers.
- BS 3411 Tensile properties of individual textiles fibers.
- BS 4029 Tensile elastic recovery of single fibers and filaments.
- BS 5116 Breaking tenacity of flat bundles of cotton fibers.
- BS EN 12751 Sampling of fibers for testing.
- DIN 53843-2 Loop tensile tests of spun fiber.
- EN ISO 5079 Tensile tests on spun fibers.
- EN 13895 Tensile tests on monofilament.
- ISO 3060 Bundle strength of cotton fibers
- Certain tests will require special grips –Details on request