- Available in 2 forms – the standard KFG-2075 and the KFG-2076
- Fixtures are designed and manufactured to meet the testing requirements of ASTM D3107
- Developed to determine the stretch and recovery properties of woven stretch fabrics
- Test may also be applicable for knit fabrics, provided that the elongation at 2 pounds/inch is less than 85%
Fabric Stretch – The extension of a sample at a load of 2 pounds/inch width, expressed as percent of the original length.
Power – The force required to extend an exercised sample to an extended length equal to 85% of the “fabric stretch”, expressed in pounds/inch width.
Unrecovered Tensile Strain Percent – The unrecovered length of a sample which has been held in the extended state for a specified time (2 hours), expressed as a percentage of the original length.
Single Station Tester
- Single station tester consists of a vertical frame with a fixed clamp at the top, a 50 cm vertical scale and a sliding clamp that operates within the scale range
- The single tester is used to determine the fabric stretch
The 5 Station Tester
- The 5 station tester consists of one single station tester and five fixed clamps mounted on a board. It allows three tests each for two specimens at one time
- The 5 station tester together with the single station tester is used to determine the growth after elongation to a predetermined extension