Taber Abrasion Tester
Noted as a standard in abrasion and wear testing, this Taber abraser is mounted in a rotating turntable.
Specimens are then subjected to the rub-wear action of two abrasive wheels on the Taber Abrasion Tester. Driven by test sample the wheels produce abrasion marks that form a pattern of crossed arcs over a circular ring approximately 30 square centimeters.
This reveals abrasion resistance at all angles relative to the weave or grain of the material. Referenced in numerous international test standards and specification, this Taber Abrasion Tester is an excellent choice.
Simple to operate, this Taber Abrasion Tester has been accepted worldwide as a standard for wear and abrasion research, quality and process control, materials evaluation, and product development. Taber Rotary Abrasers are capable of providing reliable data in a matter of minutes, compared to the years that may be required with in-use testing.
Its field of application has included abrasion and wear testing of painted, lacquered, powder coated, and electroplated surfaces, textile fabrics ranging from sheer silks to heavy upholstery and carpeting, and solid materials such as metals, stone and ceramics.
Other materials include paper, glass, plastics, leather, rubber, linoleum, laminates, plus many others.
- Auxiliary Weights 500g load & 1000g load
- Specimen Holder (E100-125)
- Hold Down Ring (E100-101)
- Refacing discs (S-11)
- Specimen Mounting Card Sample Package (S-36)
- Calibrase® Abrading Wheel Set (CS-10)
- Calibrade® Abrading Wheel Set (H-18)
- Vacuum Unit with Suction Hose & Round Brush
- Platform speeds 60 and 72 rpm
- Quick Release Wheel Hub
- Balanced calibrated and wheel mounts
- Vacuum system with precision height adjustment
- Rugged aluminum housing
- Membrane control panel with digital display
- Precision stainless steel weights