Does your operation package kits with small parts?
J.A. King’s engineering department has recently developed our Kitting Wizard, for manual parts kitting processes. The Wizard takes operators through a pre-defined program, which directs them to add specific parts to the kit in a specific order. Pictures and/or text help the operator identify which part to use. Incorrect parts or parts that are under- or over-weight are flagged and program will not continue until error is corrected.
Parts can be added by weight or by number of units, like four screws or three washers. Multiple parts, large parts or very small parts can also be accommodated.
Benefits of the Kitting Wizard:
- Having accurate parts kits saves time and money, by speeding up throughput and ensuring that only the correct number of parts is used and nothing more.
- Customer service is also improved customers can use the kit right away and complete the task, rather than calling customer service to complain because they’re missing a bolt or a washer
- The 7” color touch display has an intuitive user interface, where images of parts, work steps, or process status can be clearly displayed. This significantly reduces language barriers or user experience levels during the process.
- The system provides real time inventory management, for completed kits and components
- Component weights are logged for trend analysis
- Bar code scanner
- Label or ticket printer
- Bag sealers
- Box / case tapers
- Production count message displays can be updated
- Kit production & component inventory usage data
- Stack-lights can be used to provide 360 degree visual, & audible component check feedback.
To learn more about the process, take a look at the Kit Wizard brochure above and request a consultation about your kitting needs by clicking on the button below.