Written by: Mike Murphy – Service Manager – J.A. King Paducah, KY
What is a single source calibration provider? At J.A. King we are ISO 17025 accredited to perform calibrations across different types of industries. Our broad capabilities allow us to serve as a single point of contact for precision measurement products and services, which can streamline your quality system. Take a look at the example below:
Manufacturing Customer A – was using 1 company for all dimensional calibrations, 1 company for all electrical/temperature calibrations, 1 company for all of their scale calibrations and their torque wrenches were not being calibrated at all.
What are disadvantages with this multi-vendor approach?
- The hassle of scheduling 3 vendors to come onsite
- Three separate quality systems to verify, 3 sets of calibration certificates, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- The expense of paying 3 separate companies to come onsite
J.A. King has extensive experience across many industries which eliminates the need for multiple vendors. Our expertise covers multiple industries including aerospace, automotive, chemical, life science, food & beverage, consumer products, energy — and everything in between.
By bringing J.A. King in, Manufacturing Customer A now has:
- 1 point of contact for all measurement related items (calibrations & new purchases)
- 1 system that provides calibration certificates for their whole facility
- 1 invoice for ALL calibration services
Feedback from Manufacturing Customer A
“As you know, I’ve replaced three calibration vendors with J.A. King. Results indicate that J.A. King’s overall cost is more competitive compared to the combined total of the other three calibration vendors.
In addition to competitive cost, I like
- Dealing with fewer calibration vendors,
- Having the majority of our equipment in the same online database,
- Having detailed calibration certificates,
- The off/on-site service from J.A. Kings’ representatives.
I look forward to continued cost savings in the future.”
Contact us today to discuss the advantages of partnering with a single source calibration provider.