The deadline to transition to IATF 16949:2016 is only a few months away. As of February 1, 2018, only 36% of Tier 1 suppliers have completed their transition audits. 2017 IATF audit results indicate that certification body auditors are writing more nonconformities in IATF audits than in previous ISO/TS audits.
As of March 18, the International Automotive Oversight Bureau (IAOB) has released the top ten major nonconformities written by certification body auditors:
- 10.2.1 Nonconformity and corrective action (ISO standard)
- 7.2.3 Internal auditor competency*
- 18.104.22.168 Contingency plans*
- 10.2.3 Problem solving
- 22.214.171.124 Total productive maintenance
- 8.5.1 Control of production and service provision (ISO standard)
- 126.96.36.199 Control plan
- 188.8.131.52 Manufacturing process design output
- 4.3.2 Customer specific requirements
- 4.4.1 Quality management system and its processes (ISO standard)
*Sanctioned Interpretation available
Source credit: IAOB IATF Transition Status Update, March 2018
For more information about the transition or to ensure your operation is compliant, contact a J.A. King team member today.