Innovations in yarn and fabric testing
ATME-I 2014, Techtextil North America, Booth number 1805
May 13-15, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
At least six innovations in textile quality control will be featured at ATME-I 2014 by the Tailored for Textiles division of J.A. King.
The firm will also distribute both hard and digital copies of its new, 160-page full color catalog of test equipment for the fiber, yarn, fabric, nonwovens, dyeing, finishing and apparel sectors. The event will be staged alongside Techtextil North America at the Georgia World Congress Center.
A new version of the famous King Yarn Package Classifier will be among textile testing instruments presented at the show by Robert Simpson, Russell Crompton and Jason Jensen. With hundreds already sold, this device is regarded as an essential tool for determining the density of yarn packages in winding and dyeing. The latest model has color touchscreen control and redesigned electronics, allowing storage and analysis of unlimited amounts of package data.
Further highlights for ATME-I visitors will include:
- New Washtec Color Fastness to Washing Tester with digital controller for AATCC and
- New Martindale Abrasion and Pilling tester with digital controller for ASTM and ISO test
- New Testometric Universal Strength and Elongation Tester for fabric, yarn and fiber, allowing software connection by internet link to the service center for upgrades, tuition
- New Random Tumble Pilling Tester for ASTM test methods
- New Electronic and Manual Crockmeters for AATCC and ISO test methods
- Certified Textile Testing Consumables from SDC Enterprises, UK, for ISO test methods, including Multifiber fabrics and ECE/IEC detergents
J.A. King has been serving the textile industry for over 50 years, and now provides a wide range of quality control instruments and services from its Tailored for Textiles division headquarters in Greensboro, NC.