The Martindale Abrasion and Pilling Tester is internationally recognized and accepted as the standard method of determining the wear resistance of textiles or leather and the resistance to pilling.
JA King offers a technically advanced machine that is easy to use and inexpensive to own.
Three models are available, with 4, 6 and 8 Abrading Tables respectively.
All models include an advanced control system utilizing ‘Touch Screen’ technology and a powerful programmable control system that has been developed to provide maximum flexibility and user friendliness.
The tester conforms to BS EN ISO 12945-2, BS EN ISO 12947-1/-2/-4, ASTM D4966/D4970, M&S P17/P19/P19C among others.
- KFG-2390 4 position Martindale
- KFG-2391 6 position Martindale
- KFG-2392 8 position Martindale
- KFG-2393A Pilling test accessories to ISO 12945-2 (4 position)
- KFG-2393B Pilling test accessories to ISO 12945-2 (6 position)
- KFG-2393C Pilling test accessories to ISO 12945-2 (8 position)
- KFG-2394A 38mm diameter sample cutter
- KFG-2394B 140mm diameter sample cutter
- KFG-2395A EMPA pilling photographs knitted fabrics
- KFG-2395B EMPA pilling photographs woven fabrics
- SDC-2010 Martindale woven felt discs (24 x 90mm dia)
- SDC-2011 Martindale woven felt discs (24 x 140mm dia)
- SDC-2012 Martindale woven felt (1.5 x 1m piece)
- SDC-2016 Martindale SM25 abradent fabric (1.6 x 5m piece)
- SDC-2021 Martindale PU foam (25 sheets 25 x 20cm)