Yarn Strength Testing System
Tailored for Textiles proudly presents the KFY-1100Y Yarn Strength Testing System. As yarn forms the basis for the production of all types of fabrics it is essential that the strength and elongation of the yarn is monitored by a yarn strength testing system to ensure that it is suitable for today’s high speed production techniques and its performance matches the requirements of the finished product. To ensure high levels of accuracy and repeatable result, we offer yarn strength testing systems specifically designed for precision yarn testing.
Standard system includes a 500 n (50 kgf) x 0.01g loadcell, 1000mm x 0.001mm crosshead travel, pneumatic yarn grips with footswitch controls and comprehensive test software.
Pneumatic Yarn Grips
Easy to use capstan and clamp pneumatic yarn grips. Guaranteed precision yarn strength testing without jaw breaks. Individual footswitches for ease of loading and ideal for both research and volume yarn strength testing.
Windows software package that covers a complete range of yarn testing. Designed for your Yarn Strength Testing System, this software has pre-defined calculations to international standards including tensile strength, elongation and tenacity among others with graphical displays, reports, analysis and archiving.
Configurable standards include:
- ASTM D 204 Test methods for sewing thread.
- ASTM D 434 Resistance to slippage of yarns.
- ASTM D 1578 Breaking strength of yarn in skein form.
- ASTM D 2256 Tensile properties of yarn single strand method.
- ASTM D 2653 Tensile properties of elastomeric yarn
- ASTM D 2731 Elastic properties of elastomeric yarn
- ASTM D 3106 Permanent deformation of elastic yarns
- ASTM D 4034 Determination of yarn slippage for upholstery
- ASTM D 5344 Extension force of partially orientated yarn
- ASTM D 6720 Recoverability of stretch yarns.
- BS 1932-1 Knot strength of yarn.
- BS 1932-2 Loop strength of yarn.
- BS 4650 Tensile strength of yarn.
- BS 4674 Tensile strength of yarns.
- BS 6372 Breaking strength of yarn, skein method.
- BS EN ISO 2962 Single-end breaking force and elongation.
- DN 53834-2 Tensile tests of yarn in oven dried state.
- DN 53835-2 Tensile loading of elastomeric yarns in constant strain limits.
- DN 53835-3 Tensile loading of yarn between constant strain limits.
- DN 53835-4 Tensile loading of yarns between constant force limits
- DN 53842-1 Yarn knot tensile test.
- DN 53843-1 Tensile test of yarn loops.
- EN ISO 2062 Tensile test of yarns.
- ISO 2060 Tensile strength of yarns
- ISO 2062 Breaking strength of yarns.
- ISO 3341 Breaking force of textile yarns.
- ISO 6939 Tensile test of yarn from packages, skein method.
- ISO 9073-3 Tensile strength and elongation of yarn.
- P70 Tensile strength of sewing thread.
Certain of the above tests will require special machine configurations- Details on request.
For more information call the J.A. KING Tailored for Textiles helpdesk at +866-802-6703 or email to Info.TextileTestKing@JAKing.com for a rapid response.